December 27, 2011

Lesson #90: Forgive and Forget

Grudge - noun: a feeling of ill will or resentment.
Bitter - adjective: resentful or cynical.

We all have held a grudge or felt bitter feelings towards somebody or something. But honestly, what does that do? Does it help you? Does it make you feel better? Well I can tell you one thing. It doesn't make the other person feel better. I hate when people hold grudges against something I've done in the past. But how can I say that, when I'm holding my own grudges? I've done a lot of thinking this past week. How is holding a grudge going to help you for the future? If you held grudges against every person who has done you wrong, intentionally or unintentionally, eventually you wouldn't be left with anybody.

I'm just as equally guilty of this as anybody.
 
Forgive and forget.
Mend relationships.
Let things go.
Get over it.
Move on.
Don't let the little things determine relationships.

Where would we be if Christ held grudges? Not here, I'll tell you that. And we sure wouldn't be going to heaven either. Romans 3:24 says, "All are justified and made upright and in right standing with God, freely and gratuitously by His grace, through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus."

Love, as He loved us. And forgive, as He forgave us.

No comments:

Post a Comment